My expertise in facilities management includes a strong emphasis in PLC Controls and HMIs. I am accomplished in planning and executing projects from concept to completion with strong troubleshooting and problem-resolution skills. My diverse background allows me the ability to identify the root causes of problems, increase efficiencies and reduce downtime. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
ENERNOC, Boston, MA April 2015 – October 2016
- Explain capabilities, prove value and scope hardware and software solutions for industrial and large commercial customers
- Scope sites for water, electric and natural gas instrumentation
- Demonstrate software capabilities for customers
CASTWELL PRODUCTS, Skokie IL February, 2007 to April, 2015
Senior Facilities Engineer
Provided project planning, maintenance support and implementation for a wide variety of projects that had a major impact on improving operations, efficiency and profits. Developed over fifty PLC installations from retrofits to new designs. Incorporated various VFD’s (drives) into PLC systems (e.g. conveyor controls).
- Developed a compressor energy monitoring system using Intellution Fix32 SCADA software, Allen Bradley SLC500 controls to monitor energy usage, pressures, temperature and usage information from 5 Gardner Denver 300hp compressors
- Designed controls for 3-phase systems from 240VAC to 12kV. Incorporated vacuum switches and contactors from multiple suppliers such as GE, Allen Bradley and Siemens Coordinated several energy efficiency projects. Total energy savings of nearly $500,000 in one year.
- Directed the installation of a 300HP, 4160VAC compressor. The system included refrigerant driers with a total of 4,500CFM capacity with a 3,000-gallon tank to reduce demand. This system reduced downtime and maintenance on production equipment and laboratory instrumentation.
- Project lead on the installation of a $600,000 molding machine to increase production. Installation completed during Christmas shutdown and no impact to production
- Directed Preventative Maintenance. Scheduled PM activities on hydraulic and pneumatic equipment to coordinate with production.
- Retrofitted equipment, motors and controls with various VFD controls
- Initiated a Comprehensive Air Leak study which resulted in $48,000 value. 151 air leaks (311,000 kWh) were repaired resulting in annual savings of $20,000.
- Provide support to Maintenance team for troubleshooting equipment
CITATION CORPORATION, Skokie IL October 1995 to February 2007
(1998 – 2007)
- Programmed / installed controls using Allen Bradley PLCs (Programmable Logic Controllers)
- Produced engineering drawings using AutoCAD, RSLogix 500, Word and other software packages
- Calibrate PID controls
- Produced control panel layouts and one-line drawings using AutoCAD
- Design three phase electrical panels incorporating automatic transfer switches and backup generator
Maintenance Manager, (1995 – 1998)
- Managed a Maintenance team of more than 50 employees covering 3 shifts of production. Personnel included 3 shift supervisors, electricians, electronic technicians, welders, mechanics, pipefitters and a scheduler/planner
- Utilize TPM and Lean Manufacturing methods to reduce downtime
- Responsible for plant wide production equipment and accountable for maintenance downtime
- Used CMMS, (Computerized Maintenance Management System), to schedule periodic tasks(PM’s) such as fire extinguisher maintenance, lighting, exit signs, buildings and grounds maintenance
WELLS MANUFACTURING – Skokie, IL April 1976 – October 1995
- Developed a networked energy management system controlling over 14.5 megawatts of load
- Developed and supported PLC controls, lab instrumentation, temperature and PID controls
- Maintain one-line, electrical and building drawings
- Provided maintenance support and training
- Repair instrumentation
- PM recorders
- Calibration of temperature control equipment
NORTHEASTERN ILLINOIS UNIVERSITY
B.S. Computer Science
DE VRY INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
Certificate Process Controls and Instrumentation
OAKTON COMMUNITY COLLEGE
Microsoft Active Directory